Disney’s Wearin’ of the Green for 2013
Green, whiskey and celtic dancing are a part of St. Patrick’s Day fun on Pleasure Island at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant. Along with authentic Irish food, there will be over 10 Irish bands performing on March 8-10 and 14-17, 2013. The Irish pub is digging deep into its Dublin roots with the “Mighty Festival” . Indoor and outdoor stages will feature professional dancers and Irish bands Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon serves up authentic food and lots of beer will be on tap.
Entertainment will be flowing along with beverages on the following time frames:
- March 8-10 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- March 14 and 15 from 6 p.m. until 1 a.m.
- March 16 and 17 from noon until 1 a.m.
On March 8-10, musicians will be The Willis Clan, a family of artists and musicians who merge their Irish roots with other music genre and. Nova Celtic, with its own twist on popular Irish music, will appear on a nearby outdoor stage.
On March 14 and 15 and March 16 and 17 there will be a huge lineup of artists. Some of the highlights include the following:
- The Willis Clan
- U2 tribute band Elevation
- Irish Dance Workshops, by Riverdance dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack (Friday to Sunday)
- stilt walkers
- face painting
During the celebration you can order from the menu or step up to the counter-service eatery, Cooke’s of Dublin for traditional Irish favorites:
- battered sausages
- fish and chips
- deep-fried candy bars
You can make reservations for March 14 and 15 by calling 407-938-0300.
St. Patrick’s Day
On Saturday, March 16 – the official St. Patrick’s Day – seats at Raglan Road are without reservation so show up early to grab a table.
- When: March 16 and 17, 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: Raglan Road, Downtown Disney
- Cost: $5 cover charge for guests 18 and older; $10/ on March 17
How do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?