MICHAEL MYERS IS COMING HOME…TO HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS AT
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT
For the first time ever, John Carpenter’s horror classic comes to life
as a haunted house at Universal Orlando
ORLANDO, Fla. (Aug. 28, 2014) – Everyone is entitled to one good scare…and beginning September 19, Universal Orlando will give guests more than one reason to scream as it brings to life John Carpenter’s classic horror film “Halloween.”
Based on the classic 1978 slasher film, the all-new haunted house follows the story of Michael Myers, a deranged boy from Haddonfield, Il. It is Halloween night and no one is safe as the psychotic killer embarks on a murderous rampage. With his iconic mask to hide his identity, Michael sets out for new blood and will stop at nothing as he stalks his victims. Every scene tells the tale of a different kill and if you’re not careful, you could be next.
Halloween is one of the most successful horror franchises of all time and has grossed a collected $366 million worldwide. Since the original “Halloween” film, nine additional Halloween sequels have been created. This year, the franchise will commemorate its worldwide success with the release of a box set with all ten Michael Myers films in full blu-ray on Sept. 23, featuring never-before-seen and behind the scenes content.
“My experience watching this film growing up is as vivid now as it was years ago. The team and I are beyond thrilled to bring one of the most iconic horror films and characters to life at Halloween Horror Nights.” said Michael Aiello, Director of Entertainment – Creative Development, Universal Orlando Resort. “Halloween, began what would become the slasher film genre and still represents the genre as its horrific crown jewel. Guests will come face to face with Michael Myers as we recreate the kills committed on the night He came home.”
“Halloween” completes this year’s lineup for Halloween Horror Nights 24, which will include some of the most recognizable and terrifying names in pop culture, as well as original content from the masterminds who bring the event to life. In addition to “Halloween,” Halloween Horror Nights will include experiences inspired by AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” Robert Rodriguez’s chilling television series “From Dusk Till Dawn,” the cult sci-fi franchise “AVP: Alien vs. Predator,” Universal Picture’s upcoming film “Dracula: Untold,” Universal Picture’s “The Purge: Anarchy,” and SyFy’s “Face Off – In the Flesh.”
For a detailed listing of each experience featured at this year’s event and offers, see below.
Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 24 will take place select nights from Sept. 19 to Nov. 1. During its twenty-four year history, Halloween Horror Nights has become an iconic event for horror fans from around the world, and the event has been known to sell out. Guests can secure their scares at this wildly popular event by booking now at HalloweenHorrorNights.com/Orlando. Offers include Florida Resident event tickets, a Frequent Fear Pass that allows guests to experience 16 nights of pure terror for less than the price of one, and a Halloween Horror Nights hotel and ticket package that includes event tickets, park-to-park tickets and accommodations at a Universal Orlando hotel so you can stay right in the midst of all the action.
About Universal Orlando Resort
Vacation like you mean it at Universal Orlando Resort – where every heart pounding, jaw-dropping, goose-bumping second counts. It is the only place where you can turn spending time with your family into spending time as a family. Together, you can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, become a Minion in the hilarious and heartwarming Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride, and join Optimus Prime in the fight to save mankind on the new mega-attraction, TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D. And now, you can step into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.
Universal Orlando Resort is home to two incredible theme parks: Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure; four magnificently themed on-site hotels: Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort and the newest addition, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort; and Universal CityWalk – a unique dining and entertainment complex featuring one-of-a-kind restaurants, shops and nightclubs. And located just minutes from Universal Orlando Resort is Wet n’ Wild, Orlando’s premier waterpark.
Tickets and vacation packages for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando are on sale now at HalloweenHorrorNights.com\Orlando. More information about the event will be available soon. Updates on Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights are available on Facebook at Halloween Horror Nights – Universal Orlando and on Instagram at @HorrorNightsORL. Plus, fans can get exclusive updates from Creative Development Director Mike Aiello on Twitter at @HorrorNightsORL.
HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 24 – AN OVERVIEW
- The Walking Dead: The End of the Line
- This year’s bone-chilling maze will be the largest maze ever created at Halloween Horror Nights and will place guests at the heart of a harrowing journey to seek sanctuary at Terminus, an elusive destination that promises community for all. Mirroring the terror that befell the residents of the West Georgia Correctional Facility, now overrun by savage walkers, the experience will send guests fleeing from the fallen prison into unknown territory as they once again stage a desperate battle for survival against flesh-eating walkers and ruthless humans.
- From Dusk Till Dawn
- Inside this remote biker bar, chaos reigns as guests discover what lies beneath its neon lit façade — an ancient race of blood thirsty vampires. Based on the hit El Rey Network series, this labyrinth of death will leave guests “drained.”
- Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood
- Guests will witness the harrowing transformation of Vlad the Impaler to the monstrous Dracula. We know how the story ends, but what terrifying blood drenched journey brought Vlad into the darkness that is Dracula? This is it — every visceral and feral scare will grab guests by the jugular.
- AVP: Alien vs. Predator
- In collaboration with 20th Century Fox, Halloween Horror Nights will pit the Xenomorph species against the predators in an epic battle and you’re caught right in the middle. Follow the journey as these two ancient species fight for survival and dominance in the ultimate battle of Alien vs. Predator.
- Travel with Michael Myers as he begins Haddonfield’s historic night of horrors. You will find yourself racing to get ahead of Michael’s murderous knife as he slashes at his victims and you. Guests will be placed in the depths of Michael Meyer’s personal hell as they try and escape his nightmare.
- Dollhouse of the Damned
- Dollhouse of the Damned will terrify guests with its original characters and visually unsettling environments. Within its decaying walls lay the remnants of an old evil. The devious denizens of the house pull apart and remake the unfortunate souls that stumble through the doorway of the Dollhouse, as they become the Damned that will never escape.
- Giggles and Gore Inc.
- Evil clowns are not born…they are made. People are stretched, smashed, and eviscerated. Faces are peeled off, voice boxes are torn out, and bodies are stuffed with…other bodies.
- Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
- Guests will walk into the actual settlement of Roanoke and experience the terror of a community in cannibalistic turmoil. The cannibalistic colonists attack any fresh meat that stumbles near them. Join the colonists in the destruction and carnage by cleansing fire and gnashing of teeth.
- Face Off – In the Flesh
- The most twisted and gruesome character creations seen on SyFy’s hit show “Face Off,” will be live and In the Flesh. This unique zone will surround you in the macabre visions and nightmares of some of the most talented up-and-coming make-up artists today.
- The Purge: Anarchy
- “The Purge: Anarchy” scarezone will greet guests with pure unadulterated fear, bringing to life the turmoil and pandemonium that awaits those vulnerable to masked vigilantes in search of new victims. Like civilians in the movie fighting to survive, guests will be at the mercy of cunning wit, luck and speed as they attempt to outsmart and outlive the anarchy brought about by those who believe in an “eye for an eye.”
- MASKerade; Unstitched
- At first glance, this may seem like a normal ballroom, but guests will be terrified when they see human heads inside oversized candles, appendages dangling in the streets and human faces ripped right from skulls with bloody remains still intact.
- Bayou of Blood
- The trees are illuminated with candles, voodoo practitioners fill the snake and spider-infested bayou, and the alter is set, as the legendary ‘Mamba’ prepares to flood the bayou with blood.
- Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure
- Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest stories of the past year with the biggest names in pop culture.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show – A Tribute
- Let’s do the Time Warp again! Rock out to clips from the classic cult film with your favorite Transvestite, live tribute performers, and audience participants.